Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 9: Time for a Pre-Zen-Tation!

'Labyrinth' photo (c) 2007, Paul Williams - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/Wow, we are clearly reaching the end of our experience. I want to commend you all on your willingness to take chances and to also support your peers. Our small group really allows me to do things that I haven't been able to do in awhile. The collaborative narratives went better than they ever have and I had time to explain in much greater depth. This gives me hope for the rest of your narratives. . .no pressure, though ;-)
Tonight, we are going to look at a PowerPoint alternative - Prezi. It's a non-linear web-based presentation tool that is just getting better and better. We will be creating a presentation looking at the NETS for students (NETS-S) and how you might be able to integrate technology for your particular grade level. Don't forget that we still have many other assignments in the works. . .There are the Journals 6-10, the PLN, Symbaloo Certification, NETS-T narratives, and any other project you haven't finished.
I will be in class early to help anyone who needs assistance! This would be a great time to get some quality one-on-one help if you need it!

This Week's Question: What has been the hardest course you have taken in school at any level and why?


11 comments:

  1. Without a doubt Spanish 201, grammar in English is complicated but when you learn it in another language it is increasingly more difficult. I can definitely relate more to an EL student after my experience in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not my hardest classes have also been Spanish classes. It is my first language, but I never received formal education in my primary language. I took my first Spanish class in college and it was challenging, but my hardest one was Spanish 315, Spanish Literature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Spanish was the most difficult for me once I was at the 202 level. I think the large amount of reading and overall vocabulary needed for the course made it hard for me to do well. Also, speaking in Spanish is a lot tougher than writing for me, and this course was heavily presentation- based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardest classes for me have been the science classes. I absolutely hate science classes. I hate it so much that I have been avoiding taking any more classes. This summer will be the first time I take a science class and a lab since my first year at Cal State.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardest class that I took in High School was Chemistry. I just could not grasp the material and it was so hard for me to keep up with what was going on in the class. I tried to get tutoring from my friends, but it did not help me. Im just not a Science person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hardest class was my anthropology class. I took it because I needed it for my minor, and everyone in that class was an anthropology major! So they were all into quantitative and qualitative research methods and I was so lost the whole semester. My professor was pretty amazing though & believe it or not I ended up getting an A in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hardest class I have taken so far is Math 378-Number systems. The class is very abstract and challenging, and requires a lot of dedication and time inputted into the assignments. The passing rate is extremely low and tests are challenging to pass. The way I would describe the class: creating proofs for all of the math theorems that we had to learn in Algebra and calculus. How do you prove that a negative number multiplied by a positive number is negative? Tough.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in high school I had to take Greek, I didn't like it as much as Latin and Spanish so I struggled. It was all Greek to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was in high school I had to take Greek, I didn't like it as much as Latin and Spanish so I struggled. It was all Greek to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hardest class I have ever taken was English 10 honors at Vista High. The teacher was extremely opinionated and made me hate English with a passion. Scoring a 2 out of 10 on her assignments was a good thing, so she basically made us accept failure as a good thing. I think the only positive thing that came out of taking her class was the fact that now I was O.K. with just being average!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that my hardest class was Macroeconomics. The class was online and it was my first time taking an online class. I learned my lesson, I am a visual learner and need to take classes in person.

    ReplyDelete