Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 10: If Your Spring Breaks, Do You Have Insurance?

Spring Break on the Mountain!
As we get ready to meet for the last time before spring break, take a moment to reflect on all that you have accomplished so far. There has been a lot of great work and effort going on in our class. I hope you all can appreciate the progress you have made. I know I do!
Don't forget that we are starting out the evening in an educational chat on Twitter. The time is from 5pm to 6pm and the hashtag is #ntchat, which stands for new teacher chat. All but one of us was present last week, so I believe everyone knows what to do! I will be in class early as well to help. This is a great way to get part of your PLN assignment completed.
You should have a fair amount of work in progress: Journals 6-10, the PLN (Journal 7), Symbaloo, NETS narratives, and your Prezi.  Tonight, we will do the educational chat, work on the Prezi, learn how to use Google Forms to create an assessment of the Prezi, discuss Journal 8 (also the Adaptive Technology assignment), and receive an introduction to the Emerging Technology Checklist! I have graded everything that is due so far. I have even received a few Symbaloo certification email forwards, so I'm glad to hear that is going well.
Looking at the rest of the semester, we only have four more assignments: a collaborative cybersafety website, an iMovie PSA (public service announcement), a NETS-T mind map, and the writing of your complete narratives (NETS-T II-V). Easy, right? 

This Week's Question: If you could go anywhere you want for spring break, where would you go? And realistically, what are you doing next week?  (I will be going snowboarding in Mammoth with a large group of friends again this year!)

6 comments:

  1. Next week, I am racing at downhill mountain bike race. But if I could go anywhere this spring break, I would like to go to Whistler or Mammoth as well and ski. Most likely I will just be training and riding my mountain bike this Spring break

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Rosarito or Ensenada during my Spring Break, but unfortunately I will be studying for the CBEST and CSET :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go down to Costa Rica and catch up with my friends and hang out with my brother in law and tear it up on the quads. But in reality I will probably be playing disc golf, cleaning my house and garage, sitting around in my underwear, watching TV, and eating ice cream, maybe eat some Pho, and probably bowl a few games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If i could go anywhere, i would go to Australia. But that's not happening, so im taking a road trip with my husband to San Francisco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun!! I will be working the whole week except for Thursday since my family is coming to visit me :) and the place I would like to visit if I could would be Hawaii or Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to go to Cancun for spring break but I had to work!

    ReplyDelete