Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 14: Waiting for Your Technology Guru?

Our Fierce Guard Dogs, Sunny & Frances
It is always an exciting time for me when I look at student blogs towards the end of the semester. I see amazing examples of work using technology. If you would take a moment to look over all that you and your peers have accomplished so far, I think, you too, will be both excited and amazed. You are approaching the point where you don't need a tech guru. . .you can do this all on your own. However, we are not finished yet.
Tonight, we will be learning how to use iMovie! You will be making public service announcements about our wonderful university. As I told you all last week, please remember to bring headphones and if you decided to use your camera to take some images or video of the campus, that would be great too. Ideally, we will complete the entire project this evening, but there will be time next week to work on them too.
There are a lot of assignments that are still in progress, the most important of which will be the writing of your final TaskStream Narratives. These will be written with the same color-coding as the NETS I collaborative narratives. To receive credit for the course, your narratives must be almost perfect (meaning I have changed almost all of your narratives to black!). Some of the other assignments are the Symbaloo Webmix/Portfolio that will be placed into TaskStream. Your two artifacts per NETS will be color-coded and labeled. If you do a good job with your NETS-T Mind Map, you should have a great graphic organizer to assist your writing. And don't forget your Journal 6-10 and Emerging Technology assignments. On a positive note, the next two weeks will be spent polishing up your blogs, TaskStream narratives, and Symbaloo portfolios!

This Week's Question: What is your current favorite thing to do when you aren't taking care of school work. . .

10 comments:

  1. I love taking my girls to EscoGelato in Escondido! The gelato(ice-cream) is delicious!...You all need to try it. My two faves are the Tiramisu and Pistachio. :) I also love to play with my girls and jump on the trampoline with them. Time is precious...I'm trying not to take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy going to Safari Park, SD Zoo, and Sea World with my family. I also enjoy going to play disc golf with my son and dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten into playing our Wii again with my boyfriend and it has recently made for some great evenings of competitive fun. I also love spending time outside with my dogs watching them play with each other is so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking naps and going to the beach... and taking naps at the beach is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love doing DIY projects and arts and crafts. Anything that I can do that is creative and hand made :) Its a de-stress activity for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy doing DIY projects and dancing. I am constantly taking dance classes that teach different dance types.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My absolute favorite thing to do is SLEEP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love playing volleyball. Super fun sport and it gives you a very good workout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite thing is mountain biking. When I'm not studying or working, I'm out on the trails on my bike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite activities are going to the beach and eating Submarina sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete