Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 16: Your Tech Makeover

'Nerd' photo (c) 2007, Aaron Goodwin - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/Well, here we are. The end of another semester of school. However, this semester is special, it's the beginning of the new tech you. That's right, you are all graduating to nerd status from this point forward! Cash in your cool points because I'll be handing out pocket protectors once you finish your NETS narratives. . .

Tonight, don't forget to bring the hard copy of your Emerging Technology Checklist. You will be completing it and submitting it to me for a your grade. I want to walk everyone through Task Stream and how to get the links to your Symbaloo TPE 14 webmix, your class blog, and your Google Docs narratives for NETS I-V. If you have submitted your NETS narratives, I will take a look at them in class and give you feedback. Everyone else can work on missing assignments or revising old assignments.

I have gone through the gradebook for the fourth time and there are still quite a few people who are either missing assignments or have yet to make revisions. Remember, that my expectation is that you complete every assignment. Use this time today to ask for questions or clarify the expectations while I still have you face-to-face. The due date was set for May 6 (to try and motivate everyone to complete before class tonight). I will be giving feedback this weekend and early next week. You will need to have your revisions completed by Wed, May 15. In order for you to revise, I will definitely need your first draft by Friday at the latest. If there are no revisions by May 15, I will be forced to either give you an incomplete or a less than passing grade. . .please don't make me do this. You need to treat the narratives like your final exam. Look at the examples provided, use your color-coding, and give me your best effort.

This Week's Question: What has been your favorite assignment in this class and why?

7 comments:

  1. The Prezi I feel it is something that I can really use in my classroom and have my students use as well. I also enjoyed the various web tools we were given especially Diigo because I want to teach history it is a great way to archive things that I find and be introduced to other things people find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journal #1 because I enjoy thinking about the things that I like and make me happy and it was difficult to come up with 100 things. I also liked making the blog and newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was the iMovie! It was a brand new experience for me of doing anything like that before. I had a ton of fun doing it. I was cheese-faced when I showed it to my mom too after I posted it in my blog...I had to admit that. :) My 2nd...which is a close 1st...was the Prezi. I definitely loved it more than power point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed creating the iMovie because I have had a lot of experience in the past of filming, editing, and creating my own movies. As a mountain biker, my friends and I are constantly filming and creating edits of our trails and riding, so I found making the video a fun and creative task. I also loved journal 1, discribing 100 things that make me happy. When I made the list, I thought it was fun but figured it was a pointless journal. Surprisingly, I did revisit it a few times throughout the semester to spark some memories of fun times I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite assignment was the Prezi because I had fun playing with the options to make the presentation visually pleasing. I loved creating the layout from scratch and seeing it come together so professionally. This is a tool I would love to use while teaching someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite assignment was the iMovie. I enjoyed this because it allowed me to be creative and witty at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked everything! The prezi assignment was fun because i was able to create my own template and that advanced my creativity!

    ReplyDelete