Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 12: Flipping for Technology. . .

My daughter Zoe (left) and her friend Taylor in Mammoth
Hopefully, you all missed our class so much over Spring Break that you cannot wait to get going this evening. I'm sure than many of you decided to forgo any fun Spring Break activities to concentrate on technology, right? Well okay then. . . The Prezis should be completed and the assessment should be well on its way. . .I will ensure you all know how to get both of these on a blog page with the formatting adjusted to fit the width of your blog post. You will be presenting these to your peers in small, grade range groups. This is why it is so important that you are finished with your project. If you already published your assignment as a blog post instead of a page, you can either try to fix it or wait for my help. I believe that everyone is finally enrolled in my TaskStream container (except for one person), so I will show you all how to request feedback from me. After our presentations have been completed, we will move on to the cybersafety collaborative websites and the NETS-T Mind Map assignment. Of course, you have plenty of assignments in progress: Journal 7 (PLN), Journal 8 (Adaptive Technology), the other jornals, and some are still completing the Excel, Symbaloo and a variety of some older assignments. Considering that we only have four more meetings, please be mindful of your time and how much you will need to complete the rest of the course. And take full advantage of the extra help available before and after class.

This Week's Question: Do you see yourself integrating technology into your future classes? How do you see this happening?

7 comments:

  1. I do see myself integrating technology in my classroom. One of the biggest ways to use technology is by using videos. The teacher i volunteer for shows a video on YouTube to her class that teaches them how to count by 5's with a catchy song and animated characters so I think that's one way to integrate technology. Also the idea of virtual videos is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I will be teaching high school mathematics in the future. I definitely, see myself integrating technology in the math class. Perhaps through extra video lectures, using computer based mathematic games and texting warm-up questions through Polleverywhere.com. I also like the idea of having a classroom blog and website to notify students of assignments and keep in touch with parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see myself using technology in the classroom. I know short videos are great and kids love them. I would have computer time as well and use different learning websites such as ABCMouse.com that is really cute and they have some apps for the iPad. So many children are already tech savvy and I might learn something from them too...it'll be a win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i definitely see myself integrating technology in my classes because it makes everything easier! also, kids are so familiar with it, they know more than teachers! I also like saving paper, so i would love to do everything online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do see myself incorporating technology in my classroom in the future. I think that in the future students will use more devices that will facilitate their learning. I remember when I was in high school, we did not even have that many computers and now schools started incorporation iPads and Mac computers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will for sure use technology in my classroom. I hope I learn more about technology so that I can come up with better lesson plans that correctly use technology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to use technology in my classroom it is a great way to engage students and allow them to be creative.

    ReplyDelete