Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week Two: Getting Ready to Stretch Yourself!

My Daughter Lily (R) and her friend Toria
Technology classes are often a challenge. I think you all did an amazing job last week.  I mean, you left the class with a blog! I can also selfishly say that I am fairly excited that we will have a small group this spring. We will be able to do things that classes twice our size won't be able to do. . .which might be both scary and exciting from your point of view.
Tonight, we will ensure that everyone has a picture on her/his About Me page and that you can find and comment on each others' blogs. Somebody remind me about Photobooth and we'll have some fun! We will also go over the Journal Article assignment(s) and the format for writing them. You will be introduced to the Citation Machine. With this size group, I also hope to get through the School 2.0 assignment! If time permits, I'll show you how to put globes on your blog.
Don't forget to comment of the weekly blog posts. I noticed only a few of you commented last week. I will show you how to change your blog setting to make it easier for people to comment on your blog as well.

Week Two Question: What should every teacher know about you?

10 comments:

  1. Let's see...I don't like public speaking(speaking in front of children though...I do fine...ironic huh?) I always try my best, regardless of challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rather quiet, weird for a future teacher, although I have been told silently observant is a better phrase. I also strive for perfection...much to my detriment in most situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the biggest procrastinator.. i write things down and pay attention but once I step out of the classroom my mind wonders in 874 directions so I tend to forget things or put things off til the very last minute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a passion for explaining math and sometimes get a little excited when I make math discoveries. But the odd thing, I don't always like talking about or focusing on math outside of the classroom. Which is strange for a math major.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ask a lot of questions because I forget easily. I get called ditzy sometimes because it takes me such a long time to fully understand things. Also, I'm not good with technology at all so I will have even more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a history major, but I can't remember what happened last night. Despite what you may think, I am listening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very competitive. Oh boy do I love to win, so if you give us a competition I will try my hardest to be on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rather do a ten page paper than a 5 min. presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I haven't showed it in this class, I love to do things as soon as possible. I rather get things out of the way in order to have time for myself. I also love study guides when it comes to tests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often procrastinate because I find it hard to feel motivated until the clock is staring me down. I always try to break this habit at the beginning of each fresh semester, maybe this time it will work!

    ReplyDelete